Monday, August 23, 2010

Welcome

Hello and thank you for checking out my new blog. My goal is to be environmentally conscious, while saving money. Regardless of your financial situation, we could all use some tips to help the environment and save some cash. There is no denying that green living can help make your life healthier and create a cleaner future for your children.

I have always considered myself the ultimate recycler. At parties back in the day, disdained by the lack of recycling, you could find me stuffing beer cans in my purse to recycle later. I would never hesitate to pick up a piece of garbage or can in the parking lot. In fact I kept two small garbage bags in my car, one for trash, the other for recycling. And when our city no longer required sorting of recycling, I went gangbusters. Informing my neighbors of the possibilities to reduce their garbage and increase their recycling.

Though my recycling skills would not help me with the next phase of our lives when our finances nosedived in 2009. My spouse works in the auto industry and we went from what we felt was a comfortable lifestyle of eating out and family vacations, to worrying about how we would pay our bills. I had to look at all of our needs versus wants. We cut out the "wants" and reassessed our "needs" by finding substitutes, which turned out to be "green" substitutes, without really trying. I am not a certified green specialist, but I'm tryin.

No comments:

Post a Comment