Think about your cleaning products. Do you have a separate cleaning agent for your mirrors, toilets, stone floors, wood floors? I used to also. But now I use Vinegar!!! Yes, that super smelly stuff that people use to can pickles will clean your windows and disinfect your floors.
I seriously use the stuff on everything. I have a spray bottle with 1 part vinegar 3 parts water that I spray on counters or anything else needing spot cleaning. I pour a splash in my mop bucket to clean my wood, vinyl, and stone floors. I clean the shower with the stuff. Use a crumpled up newspaper and wash your windows and mirrors with vinegar. Sometimes if I'm too lazy to get my normal toilet cleaning product out of the laundry room (Borax) I'll pour some vinegar in the toilet. It seems to do the job as well. Also if your kids soil their bedding or clothing, throw a splash of vinegar in the rinse cycle to rid of any potential left over smells.
The thing I love the most about vinegar is it is non-toxic. With young children and pets living on your floors, you don't have to worry about this cleaning product having harmful effects after you have cleaned. And don't worry about how much water versus vinegar to add to your cleaning concauctions. Just do whatever feels right and you will get the hang of it. Again, it is non toxic, you can't screw it up!
The cost?? About $3 for 2 gallons at your local major discount store.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment